书呆子不招同学喜欢 学校是学习的地方,但是时时刻刻都在学习的书呆子并不讨人喜欢,请看下面两位同学在讨论班级里的书呆子。 Thomas: What do you think of Henry , Joe? 乔,你怎么看亨利? Joe:

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 校园英语情景对话

Today is the day when Britain steps back from the brink, when we confront the bills from a decade of debt. A day of rebuilding when we set out a four-year plan to put our public services and welfare state on a sustainable footing, reform is one of th

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(十)月

[00:20.32]MAN; Its running backwards! 秒针往后退! [00:22.60]GATEAU; I made it that way... 我是故意这么做的 [00:26.96]...so that perhaps the boys that we lost in the war... 或许能让时光倒流 [00:28.88]...might stand and come h

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-返老还童

Experts say a man's claim of pregnancy might not be impossible The web page certainly grabs your attention, but could it be real? Could it be that this man, Thomas Beatie, is actually pregnant? Quite frankly, I think it's a hoax, I saw him just a fe

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. George Washington became America's first president in seventeen eighty-nine. He had commanded the forces of the American colonies in their successful rebellion against Britain

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(四)月

W: Who is your favorite poet? M: Tagore is my favorite. W: What do you think about his poetry? M: His poetry is refreshing and philosophical and he won the Nobel prize for literature in 1913. Dialogue 2. W: Have you read any good books lately? M: I h

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 流利美国口语

17.They have been spurred in part by DNA evidence made available in 1998, which almost certainly proved Thomas Jefferson had fathered at least one child with his slave Sally Hemings. 【分析】复合句。主句主干为They have been spurred;which引

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

16. That's a far different image from the cherry-tree-chopping George most people remember from their history books. 【分析】复合句。主句主干为 That's a far different image。介词短语 from...George 作后置定语;most people remem

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

Apple and Apple have settled their long trademark dispute. Steve Jobs' company, which just renamed themselves from Apple Computer to Apple Inc., and Apple Corps, the company that has overseen the interests of British pop group the Beatles since they

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 初级商务英语听力2007

The Edison Effect There are many people who say Thomas Edison single-handedly invented the twentieth century. Although there are those who may disagree, one thing cannot be denied: Edison was a genius

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

唐顿庄园第一季第二集_6 [EXT. DOWNTON ABBEY, FRONT WALK - NIGHT] VIOLET, DOWAGER COUNTESS OF GRANTHAM I'm sorry Mary was rather sharp this evening. [Matthew chuckles.] MATTHEW CRAWLEY I doubt Cousin Mary and I are destined to be close friend

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第一季

Thomas Jefferson: The Nation's Third President 美国第三任总统--托马斯杰斐逊 In 1962, President John F. Kennedy welcomed Nobel Prize winners to the White House. He said I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(233) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Life is just a series of trying to make up your mind.-----Thomas Fuller 生活只是由一系列下决心的努力所构成。-----托马斯富勒 图片1

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2016.07

唐顿庄园第二季第四集_13 [INT. GREAT HALL - EVENING] MATTHEW CRAWLEY Somehow we got lost and then we were trapped behind some Germans for three days, and when we got out of that, we stumbled into a field dressing station and we were immediat

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第二季

It was dark by the time Thomas Black got home that night. He had lingered in the workshop, putting final details on cabinetry and tables. He had needed the time to be alone, and to digest Theo's words. He was disturbed by her account of the Whitcome

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Silicon Valley likes to keep the media on a tight leash. Tech executives expect obedience, if not reverence, from reporters. They dole out information as grudgingly as possible. Sometimes they simply buy a chunk of a publication, a time-honored metho

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

明天,明天的明天,明天的明天的明天一直到永远还能追随着一个人,漂洋过海。如果每一天都能对一个人说:明天我还要和你在一起,那么永远,也就是指日可待的梦想了吧~ Tomorrow Rosie Th

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 天籁音乐

Sometimes love''s a paper tiger That haunts you in your bed Sometimes love''s a two fist fighter That lands you on your head . When it comes Don''t try to fight it There''s nothing you can do It finds you when it does, and leaves you when it wants to

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

听歌学英语:感人告白,只为你 You and Me 清新的吉他,优美的钢琴,婉转柔和的声线,这个来自美国西雅图的美丽女人给民谣界带来了不同以往的声音。今天要为大家介绍一位美国民谣女歌手

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

That's very nice.very nice.you get used to that.Don't you.You get it every night. 真不错 真好 你一定习惯了欢呼 是吧 你每晚都能享受欢呼 No,no,I'm often booed when I come out. 不 不 我出场时经常被嘘 Tonight just happen

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 柯南脱口秀